February 6, 2012

The 5 Stages of Waking



School has begun for me, and so I have said goodbye to my winter break of bliss and hello to an 18 credit nightmare.  I have barely had time to breathe, much less blog, these past two weeks.  But the absolutely worst thing...is that now I am forced to wake up at a reasonable time! Gasp! 11 o'clock mornings, where did you go?  My mornings now go something like this...

Stage 1: (8:45 a.m.) Denial- "No, it couldn't be that time already."
Stage 2: (8:50 a.m.) Anger- "Stupid Alarm! Stop bothering me! I AM NEVER GETTING OUT OF BED EVER!"
Stage 3: (8:55 a.m.) Bargaining- "Well maybe I didn't have to get up this early, just ten more minutes."
Stage 4: (9:00 a.m.) Depression- "Today is going to be so awful, what's the point of getting up anyway?"
Stage 5: (9:05 a.m.) Acceptance- "Oh shit, I really have to go."

Sound familiar to anyone?


Song I can't stop listening to today: January Hymn/The Decemberists.


Mehhh, I wish it was still January.

No comments:

Post a Comment