February 13, 2012

Puppy Chow Hangover

I feel awful.  Absolutely terrible.  And there is only one explanation: the mass amount of puppy chow I consumed with my friends last night.  Needless to say, I was in no condition to photograph the dresses I transformed over the weekend.  Instead I am sharing with you a DIY that I'm sure all of you ladies out there will appreciate. It is seriously E.A.S.Y.

I don't know about you, but I am half asleep whenever I am getting ready in the morning.  It is incredibly frustrating that the make up that I use on a regular basis is all the same shape.  I spend 2 minutes searching for the mascara, only to pull out the eyeliner fifteen times.  The amount of time I spend digging through my makeup bag is atrocious.  Therefore I decided to come up with a simple solution to store those similar shaped items that I use on a daily basis.  It really is so convenient.

Materials Needed:
-Piece of Fabric
-Marker
-Scissors
-Sewing machine (or needle and thread if that's your thing)


1. Cut the fabric in half
2. Place out the makeup where you would want it on one of the halves of fabric (you can even organize it in the order of use if you feel so inclined)


3. Mark the edges of the tools (on both sides) about 1 1/2 inches from the top and the bottom of the tool
4. Cut between the two marks on both ends, and slide the tool through the two holes.
5. Continue steps 3-4 with the rest of the make up you have selected.


6. Now sew this piece to the other half using a sewing machine or needle and thread.  Sew all the way around the edges leaving a couple inches to pull it inside out.  When you are finished, pull the inside through as you would a pillow, and finish the stitching with a needle and thread.


You can now place your tools in their designated spots, roll it up and tie a ribbon around it.  Or an old backpack strand if that's all you can find (caught me!)  I love it.  Completely free because I used only found materials...and for that price, I say it's not half bad.

Song I can't stop listening to today (and everyday):  Our Own Pretty Ways/First Aid Kit


No comments:

Post a Comment