August 24, 2012

Please, won't you be my neighbor?

Well it's the time of year where I have to start thinking about pants.  Let me tell you, this is not a good thing for me.  Pants are just so much...harder.  So in light of the upcoming fall season, I hacked up this boring red dress and made a cutesy little peplum top.
Fall is actually my favorite season, but at the very moment I am hating it.  And let me explain why.  Because as I am writing this, all of the bros and brosephines who live around me are moving back for the school year.  Life without them has been...quiet.  Since they have gotten back:
a. Firecrackers. Stupid.
b. Chants of U.S.A!, U.S.A!, U.S.A! 
(You have to lower your voice about five octaves before chanting, of course)
c. Substantially more police sirens. Youths.
d. 90's music constantly echoing through the neighborhood.
e. Weaving my bike in and out of crushed beer cans.
f. Drunk girls asking me if this is where the party is. No. This is my house.

Why is it that I feel like I am 22 going on 90? For real. I don't mean to be a total buzzkill, it's just that I really appreciate chant-less sleeping.  I can't wait to be a real grown up.  And live around other grown ups.  Who have bedtimes. And jobs.

(The Shins+The Postal Service=Happiness)

Sorry about all the ranting. Wait. The chanting has resumed. I'm not sorry at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment