April 14, 2012

I have nothing to wear.

I think you all know that is a lie.  My closet is overflowing with clothes.  Actually my room is overflowing with clothes because I broke my closet...because of too much strain.  But, this weekend is a monumental occasion for me, and I don't know if I have anything monumental to wear.

Song: Styrofoam Plates, Album: The Photo Album


Why such a big deal, you ask?  Because this weekend I am seeing Death Cab for Cutie in Milwaukee!!

Song: We Looked Like Giants, Album: Transatlanticism


Now, before you get all judgy, and write it off as "emo" music, (that word is so 2006) allow me to explain something.  I have had a love affair with Ben Gibbard's music since I was fourteen.  For eight years, he has comforted me with his brilliant lyrics seemingly describing my thoughts, celebrating my successes, and nursing my heartbreak.  

Song: Crooked Teeth, Album: Plans


I think that fanatic may be a kind word to describe my obsession with Death Cab.  And I will not apologize for this obsession!  Other things I have loved since I was fourteen include my family, and push-ups.  (The dessert, not the exercise obviously).  That's it.  As you can see, not much has made the cut.  

Song: Bixby Cannon Bridge, Album: Narrow Stairs


Is there any music that has stood the test of time for you?  Because it is just that GOOOOOD?

Song: Some Boys, Album: Codes and Keys

And the best part?  I get to share it with my favorite person! Alex and I are leaving shortly, and we get to see some pretty awesome friends on the way.  I will be sure to take loads of pictures of our adventure.

Have a wonderful weekend darlings, I'll just be out fulfilling a life long dream.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I'm so jealous!! The only thing I love more than Death Cab is The Postal Service! Hope you had a great time!

    -Rachel
    www.howboutsomecake.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete